Solved

Stream a HTML writer from Automation App

Badge +3

Hi,

I’m trying to make an Automation App that ends with a workspace that streams a html writer. The workspace will stream the html writer if I make it a Workspace App so the worspace works as intendet. 

When I put the workspace in the end of the automation and make this a Automation App the workspace is executede and writes its html but the html is not returned/streamed to the user in the web browser!?

What to do? 

icon

Best answer by sanaeatsafe 9 May 2024, 17:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Jakob! At this time, Automation Apps do not support the transformation services (Data Streaming, Data Download, etc.). I recommend using a Workspace app, instead. If the app workflow requires multiple workspaces to run, you could consider using a REST API request or JobSubmitter transformer within the workspace as a workaround, but the behaviour won’t be exactly the same.

If Data Streaming is something you’d like to see in Automation Apps, please vote for the idea on the community:  

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

Hi Jakob! At this time, Automation Apps do not support the transformation services (Data Streaming, Data Download, etc.). I recommend using a Workspace app, instead. If the app workflow requires multiple workspaces to run, you could consider using a REST API request or JobSubmitter transformer within the workspace as a workaround, but the behaviour won’t be exactly the same.

If Data Streaming is something you’d like to see in Automation Apps, please vote for the idea on the community:  

nice @sanaeatsafe 

Badge +3

Thanks! I took the Automation and REST API out of the equation and used the FMEFLOWjobsubmitter (and fmeflowjobwaiter) to execute the workspace inside the merge-split-block. Thus returning the respons to the user via the html-writer.