Skip to main content

I would to read a shapefile and .dbf present in the url http://www.sardegnageoportale.it/index.php?xsl=2425&s=325563&v=2&c=14414&t=1&tb=14401 and zipped

I read that using a reader I can do it (https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Workbench/Workbench/zip_files_url.htm), but I don't understand where I am wrong and I am not able to set the correct string in the reader. Please, can you help me?

Thanks

Max

You'll need to go to that page and then copy the url of the zipfile you want to process. You can simply paste that in a Shape reader, but then you'll get an additional problem:

The SHP directory inside the zipfile is empty... There is a Geodatabase in it though, but I can't seem to open that with the OpenAPI reader.

Try downloading one of the files manually and open it in FME, if that's not going to work it's for sure not going to work if you let FME download it automatically either.

You'll need to go to that page and then copy the url of the zipfile you want to process. You can simply paste that in a Shape reader, but then you'll get an additional problem:

The SHP directory inside the zipfile is empty... There is a Geodatabase in it though, but I can't seem to open that with the OpenAPI reader.

Try downloading one of the files manually and open it in FME, if that's not going to work it's for sure not going to work if you let FME download it automatically either.

Hello, thanks for the answer.

I tried, but I cannot read the data in the folder.

Why you say:"The SHP directory inside the zipfile is empty". the folder is not empty.

Thanks

Max

Hello, thanks for the answer.

I tried, but I cannot read the data in the folder.

Why you say:"The SHP directory inside the zipfile is empty". the folder is not empty.

Thanks

Max

You're right, I was looking in the wrong place 😬

The point remains: the zip contains a shapefile and a geodatabase and that's probably what's throwing the automated process off. I seem to recall there was a way of specifying folders within zip files but I'll need to dig a bit deeper for that.

Hello, sorry for delay. For the moment I resolved downloading all data on my laptop and after using a reader as "Directory and file pathnames" then a "Feature reader" to extract the .shp that I want. It's not the best and practical solution, but I can complete my job.

Thanks to all.

Max