Solved

Notifications on FME Server

• 7 January 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge

I was just curious if anyone might be able to shed some light on an issue that has now popped up after switching everything to smtp.(company name).com yesterday under Manage --> Notifications --> Subscriptions.

We get daily updates from jobs that run overnight, and we were still getting them from smtp.(company name).local. But since changing all of the values yesterday to smtp.(company name).com, we got no messages or updates from FME Server last night. Can anyone shed light on why this might be happening? Can you look at the attachment containing the before and the after settings (SMTP Server is all that was changed) and let me know if we need to change anything else about them to allow the messages from FME Server to come through?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Tony

icon

Best answer by roland.martin 7 January 2016, 21:23

View original

3 replies

Badge +7

Most likely your smtp.x.com server has higher security or different settings to your smtp.x.local one. I'd probably start by chatting to your IT team about whether you need to use a username and password on that server?

Badge +7

Most likely your smtp.x.com server has higher security or different settings to your smtp.x.local one. I'd probably start by chatting to your IT team about whether you need to use a username and password on that server?

Sorry, that would have been a comment rather than an answer, but I wasn't logged in so the comment box wasn't showing!

Badge

Thanks for your help!!!