Skip to main content
Solved

How to make sure emailer works AFTER translation?

• 17 November 2017
  • 4 replies

I have a workbench which produces a zipped file, and I want to use the Emailer to send this ZIP in a mail. I've tried the solution of @aaronkoning in this thread:

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/4963/sending-mail-in-fme-desktop.html

But for some reason the Emailer tries to send when the zip is not created yet. Obviously I want the Emailer to wait until the zip is created. How can I achieve that?

Are you only using FeatureWriters, or are you also using "classic" writers?

Hi @avanbijleveld, maybe try using the FeatureHolder transformer before the Sampler? If you are using FeatureWriters, maybe one is completing first and triggering the Emailer. The FeatureHolder should force the wait until all others are complete.

Are you only using FeatureWriters, or are you also using "classic" writers?

Thanks for your remark! I was not aware of the FeatureWriter, as I've only recently had the upgrade from FME2011 to FME2017. But the solution was using the FeatureWriter instead of the "classic" writers, and linking the Emailer to the Summary-port.

Thanks for your remark! I was not aware of the FeatureWriter, as I've only recently had the upgrade from FME2011 to FME2017. But the solution was using the FeatureWriter instead of the "classic" writers, and linking the Emailer to the Summary-port.

The issue is that the regular writers can continue writing for quite some time after the last transformer has terminated, which means that the Emailer may send out a mail before all the data has been written.

By using the FeatureWriters you're effectively forcing FME to finish all the writing before continuing at the Summary port, which makes it a much better option for this scenario.