Skip to main content

I have a workspace that takes one published parameter to run through. I want to set up a FME server weekly automation, and each weekly run includes running the workspace multiple times, each with a different parameter value. The parameter values are stored in a text file. Seems to be simple? But I can't think of a good way to do this. Still new to the FME server automation. I am using FME 2019.2.1, both desktop and server.

Is upgrading to 2020.x an option? Automations did get a serious improvement compared to 2019.

our test server is 2020.1, but I don't see how to do this either in it. Any clue?

our test server is 2020.1, but I don't see how to do this either in it. Any clue?

If the parameter values are always in the same text file, why not simply let a "master" workspace read the thext file and e.g. use the FMEServerJobSubmitter to launch the "child" workspace once for each of the parameter values.

If the parameter values are always in the same text file, why not simply let a "master" workspace read the thext file and e.g. use the FMEServerJobSubmitter to launch the "child" workspace once for each of the parameter values.

@david_r. This works exactly like what I wanted. Thanks you very much.