Question

Hiding data download URL from Workspace/Server app result

• 24 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +19

Hi everyone, I have a workspace/server app which has a Data Download service published. It produces a downloadable zip file of the writer results. 

We a user clicks ok to run the server app and the status is completed, the data download url is shown. I have an Automation however which receives a topic and this triggers another workspace to send an email with the job details (rest api).

data_download_urlIs there a way to hide the above data download link URL and still create the url behind the scenes>

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @jamesb16otterill​,

You could move some of the process from the Automation to the workspace. Have the email workspace call the download workspace through a HTTPCaller POST, with the workspace parameters in the body:

DESC_NM=test&DT_NAME=NAD83&Datum=Yes&EPSG=&ESRIWKT=&GROUP=&Name=test&ORG_LAT=0&PARM1=-123&PROJ=TM&QUAD=1&SCL_RED=0.9996&SOURCE=&UNIT=METER&X_OFF=500000.0&Y_OFF=0.0&opt_servicemode=sync&opt_showresult=false&opt_responseformat=json

If you include the parameter 'opt_responseformat=json', the response will be a JSON package that includes the key serviceResponse.url, which will hold the download link. You can then repackage that link into the email body. I use this technique for the Define Custom Coordinate System web app.