Skip to main content

Hi All,

First, I am an ArcGIS Pro/Enterprise user with the “Data Interoperability Extension” for both Pro and Enterprise.  I do not believe that I have access to FME Flow (Server).

My installs on the server are ArcGIS Portal/Server and Data Interoperability at v11.3 - which installs FME…

Edition: Data Interoperability, Fixed OEM License
Version: FME(R) 2024.0.1.0 (20240328 - Build 24202 - WIN64)

I want to automate a Spatial ETL tool that reads GeoJSON from a URL and ends up writing the results to an ArcGIS Online Feature Service.  I thought, why not just do it on the server and skip the exporting/importing the Web Connection from my laptop to the server? (from reading Schedule Spatial ETL tools on a server—ArcGIS Data Interoperability | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise)  

When I created the workspace on the server with FME Workbench, everything seemed fine.  I could insert an Esri ArcGIS Online (AGOL) Feature Service writer and connect to the feature service that I wanted to write to.
But when I ran the workspace, I got this error:

Loaded Python module `arcgisonlinefeatures' from file `C:\Program Files\ESRI\Data Interoperability\Data Interoperability AO11\python\fme-plugins-py311.zip\arcgisonlinefeatures\__init__.pyc'
Writer `ARCGISONLINEFEATURES_1' of type `ARCGISONLINEFEATURES' using group definition keyword `ARCGISONLINEFEATURES_1_DEF'
Loaded Python module `arcgisonlinefeatures' from file `C:\Program Files\ESRI\Data Interoperability\Data Interoperability AO11\python\fme-plugins-py311.zip\arcgisonlinefeatures\__init__.pyc'
ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: Requesting portal information
Message Type: fme::internal::_v0:🇵🇾:Exception
Python Exception <ImportError>: Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.
ARCGISONLINEFEATURES writer: An error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

If I take the .fmw file back to my laptop and replace the Web Connection, it works fine.

I am guessing that the server needs to have this SSL module loaded, but have no idea how to do that.  Everything that I search on refers to FME Flow (or Server) and I do not think I have the same user interface available.  It seems that I must run automations by scheduling tasks to run fme.exe.  I am also guessing that I can’t schedule a task with this .fmw file until I get this error fixed.

Might anyone lend a hand?

Thanks,

--Adam
(Very sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.)

Hi @arepsherbentear,

Thank you for your post and your patience. Before we start troubleshooting, could you please let me know which version of FME Form you are using to build your workflow? Sometimes, using a later version of FME Form than your FME Flow version can cause issues.

Additionally, I came across this community post that may be helpful for your use case.

Thanks!

@AliAtSafe - Thank you for your response!
I was going to post the resolution that I found today - so I’ll do it now!

It came down to making sure that my FME Options Translation Python interpreter in Form and the workspace used the same version of interpreter.

I don’t have FME Flow to work with, as I am using the Esri Data Interoperability extension for both Pro and Enterprise.  After the Python Interpreter issue was fixed, I was able to get a Windows Task scheduled to automate my workspace!  After doing that, I really wished that I had Flow available to me, but - I must work with what I have.  😊

Thank you again!

--Adam