Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

Im little bit confused , or perhaps my mind is frozen.

Im setting the automation for XML -> CSV file conversion. But, I cant find possibility, how to specify CSV file, which should be send as attachment. Its all because of CSV writer parameter - there is only definition of CSV export folder, not the CSV export file.

Can anybody help me please?

Thanks!

Lubo

Hi @lazarlubomir​ ,

Does the name of your CSV file change or is it always constant? If it is always constant, you can specify the name of the output CSV file in your Email Automation. To do this click the down arrow by the Attachment setting and select Text Editor. Here, you can specify the folder and the file name.

2020-08-24_16-39-132020-08-24_16-39-50

If the file name is not constant, you will have to use the Automations Writer in your workspace. The Automations writer should contain a feature with the CSV file name.

2020-08-24_16-47-08

This workspace has an Automation Writer and is connected to my email. For more information on using the Automation Writer see https://community.safe.com/s/article/building-integrations-with-the-fme-server-automati

2020-08-24_16-49-39

Now, I can specify the name of my CSV file which is stored in the feature _random_name.

Let me know if this helps or if you have additional questions!

For most file-based formats, the writer contains the setting for the output directory, where as the name of the output feature type corresponds to the filename in that directory.

Hello @siennaatsafe​ and @david_r​ ,

my exported files dont have constant file name, unfortunately name is dynamically changing by the values of source data. I have tried the solution (FME automations writer) recommended by @siennaatsafe​ and it works perfectly, thank a lot 😃

My last question is if FME Server is able to send an e-mail with more attachments than one? Currently, my workspace exports 2 CSV files, which I wanna send in just one e-mail, but FME Server sends 2 separate e-mails with single attachment. Yes, it is correct behaviour, because there are 2 features passed through FME automations ports. But I need to get only one e-mail with two attachments. Does e-mail external action accept lists?

And the another question is if there is any possibility to define "Email to" address in Directory watch trigger? Because, now I use directory watch trigger, but I cant define value of "Email To" address in directory watch. Email address is not constant, because there are many people, who can insert file to directory.

Thanks a lot!

Lubo

Hello @siennaatsafe​ and @david_r​ ,

my exported files dont have constant file name, unfortunately name is dynamically changing by the values of source data. I have tried the solution (FME automations writer) recommended by @siennaatsafe​ and it works perfectly, thank a lot 😃

My last question is if FME Server is able to send an e-mail with more attachments than one? Currently, my workspace exports 2 CSV files, which I wanna send in just one e-mail, but FME Server sends 2 separate e-mails with single attachment. Yes, it is correct behaviour, because there are 2 features passed through FME automations ports. But I need to get only one e-mail with two attachments. Does e-mail external action accept lists?

And the another question is if there is any possibility to define "Email to" address in Directory watch trigger? Because, now I use directory watch trigger, but I cant define value of "Email To" address in directory watch. Email address is not constant, because there are many people, who can insert file to directory.

Thanks a lot!

Lubo

Hi @lazarlubomir​ ,

Currently it's not possible to send more than one attachment in the email of an automation. I'd suggest zipping up the files and send out the zip file https://community.safe.com/s/article/zip-your-output-with-fme

There is no email to that can be configured in the Directory Watch. What is your workflow like? Are the users also FME Server users? Somehow they would have to send their email or name which you could match to the email. This could be either as a user parameter they set, or a Folder Name they drop it in or even the filename.