Skip to main content

Can we access the published parameters in mail body when success topic raised for the topic is success or failure?

As far as I know, this isn't possible.

But you can check yourself what's being transferred to the topic by using the topic monitor in FME Server: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/WebUI/Topic-Monitoring.htm

The JSON object that's shown when your workspace triggers the topic will show you all the information that is available to your email template.

As far as I know, this isn't possible.

But you can check yourself what's being transferred to the topic by using the topic monitor in FME Server: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/WebUI/Topic-Monitoring.htm

The JSON object that's shown when your workspace triggers the topic will show you all the information that is available to your email template.

Hi @david_r ,What the content i want to transfer is not always same value . Actually i get the different values from scripted parameter based on time interval, so i want the access from scripted/published parameters in email template body

Depending on how you have your workflow configured, you may be able to leverage the FMEServerEmailGenerator and FMEServerNotifier in place of setting to Notify Topic(s) on Success

This Knowledge Center Tutorial provides an example in more detail: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/547/sending-email-part-2-sending-an-email-using-the-fm-1.html

Hi @natraju, only if the parameter name is prefixed by nm_, you can include the parameter value using the parameter name without the prefix as a Client Custom Keyword. For example, if you define a user parameter named nm_myparam, you can include its value to the subscriber email body using the keyword {myparam}.

See here to learn more: FME Server Reference Manual > FME Server Web Services > Notification Service > Subscribers > Email Template Keywords

Hi @natraju, only if the parameter name is prefixed by nm_, you can include the parameter value using the parameter name without the prefix as a Client Custom Keyword. For example, if you define a user parameter named nm_myparam, you can include its value to the subscriber email body using the keyword {myparam}.

See here to learn more: FME Server Reference Manual > FME Server Web Services > Notification Service > Subscribers > Email Template Keywords

oops, I didn't see your comment added to @david_r's answer. A published parameter named 'nm_' can be treated as a Client Custom Keyword, but a scripted parameter won't be evaluated before embedded into subscriber email body unfortunately.

Hi, i have the same problem and I cannot now rename my published parameter to nm_FEATURE_TYPE .. Then my workspace doesnot run. Is there any other way to get dataset names inside email body?