Solved

Directory watcher to trig a single event for multiple las file

• 24 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I created a workspace to process las files and receive raster and contours data set. The workspace supposed to be run with use of a directory watcher but it looks every las file is a trigger to run it again. Is there a way to have a single event with FME Server 2020.2? Thanks

icon

Best answer by keziaatsafe 25 August 2023, 23:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @magda_cz​ ,

The Directory modified trigger does not support multiple file dataset. The file modified triggers are designed to send one message to the Automation per create/modify/delete event, this means the downstream action will run for every single file change regardless of whether they were uploaded together. There is no way to merge these but please see this article for potential workarounds.

I also found this idea on our Ideas page. Please upvote and comment your use case to improve the feature.

Here is one more community post with a similar question for more context.

Hope this helps!

Kezia

Hi @magda_cz​ ,

The Directory modified trigger does not support multiple file dataset. The file modified triggers are designed to send one message to the Automation per create/modify/delete event, this means the downstream action will run for every single file change regardless of whether they were uploaded together. There is no way to merge these but please see this article for potential workarounds.

I also found this idea on our Ideas page. Please upvote and comment your use case to improve the feature.

Here is one more community post with a similar question for more context.

Hope this helps!

Kezia

Thanks so much @keziaatsafe​ for your reply!