Skip to main content

Hi all,

Hope you are well.

I have recently created a FME workbench which gathers all the information and updates every 15 minutes via FME Server.

This then writes directly to a PostGres Database. I have got this part working and have successfully published the data to ArcGIS enterprise.

The issue I am facing is how does ArcGIS enterprise update the data every 15 minutes when the Postgres database gets updated without me having to publish it manually every time? Is there a possibility for FME to do this?

The output currently is in a map service.

Hi @cardiofaz​ 

To achieve this in FME there are 2 parts

1. Create a workspace where you use ChangeDetector/FeatureMerger to UPDATE features
  2. Run the above workspace using Automations in FME Server

For 1), please create a workspace where you have a Postgres table and existing Portal service, Use a transformer like FeatureMerger as explained in this article How do I write updates to an existing ArcGIS Online

For the second step, you can use FME Server Automations to run workspace on a schedule see the article Schedule a workspace on FME Server

The Single edits PostgreSQL: Push data from the database to an application in real-time can also be a useful tutorial depending on what edits are being made and the frequency.

Thanks all I have managed to resolve this issue, It seems like you have to register. I just now have an issue when attempting to update data with new data.