Skip to main content

Hopefully someone can offer some advice on using ArcGIS Online hosted feature service webhooks and FME Flow.

I have set up webhooks on a test hosted feature service, derived from a survey123 form. When implementing a webhook directly via Survey123, I successfully receive a response in the FME Flow log. However, when implementing a webhook on the feature service, there is no response in the log.

I’ve done some checks using https://webhook.site/ and I can see that ArcGIS Online is sending data when using that URL, so it’s not a problem with the feature service webhook, but appears to be an issue with FME Flow.

I should add, FME Flow is HTTPS enabled. All feature service settings look to be correct and I have default Admin rights on AGOL.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Hello @alexander.hall,

To troubleshoot this issue, if you have not already, I would recommend going through this article on calling ArcGIS Online Feature Services through a Webhook Trigger. Some of the main prerequisites that you should confirm are that your ArcGIS Online account has permission to use the Admin REST API and that your Flow instance is publicly available (which I assume is a yes because you successfully made a webhook call from Survey123). Steps 3-8 are also important as they go through the AGOL configuration settings necessary for the FME Flow Webhook Trigger to work with this service.

Let me know if you are able to get the webhook trigger to work. Have a great day!

• ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Luke

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your response. The AGOL configuration and account permissions don’t seem to be the issue, as I receive the correct JSON payload from AGOL when using a non FME Flow webhook URL. 

Thanks,

Alex

Hi @alexander.hall,

I am sorry that did not work for you. To further help it would be useful to gather some more information, and I recommend you send in a Customer Support Ticket

In this ticket, could you share this information:

• The purpose of your automation
  • A screenshot in your Feature Service’s REST API as an Admin showing the Supported Operations
  • A copy of the JSON response body 
  • The automation debug log when your automation is run and when the webhook should be triggered

With this information we should be able to better help you.

• Luke