Skip to main content
Question

Traditional Versioning & GlobalIDs with Esri ArcGIS Portal Feature Service Writer

• 15 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I know in the Esri ArcGIS Portal Feature Service writer there are parameters to control writing out with branch versioning.

Is there similar functionality for traditional versioning?

If yes, is there a way to have traditional versioning and preserve Global IDs using the Esri ArcGIS Portal Feature Service writer?

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

I’ve checked documentation here but it only mentions branch versioning: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME-Form-Documentation/FME-ReadersWriters/arcgisportalfeatures/arcgisportalfeatures_writer.htm

I ran a test workbench in that preserves Global IDs and the destination feature class is traditionally versioned but I got this error in FME Flow:

ArcGIS Portal Feature Service Writer: Writer configured to use Global IDs, but this is not supported by the Feature Service
Python Exception <GlobalIdUnsupported>: FMEException: 928251: ArcGIS Portal Feature Service Writer: Writer configured to use Global IDs, but this is not supported by the Feature Service

I don’t really know what I should change/try next to see if I can get this to work.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @sammy

I’m not sure if Traditional Versioning works with Portal; you’ll likely need to stick with Branch Versioning which is supported by Portal. For more info, please take a look at these two articles from Esri: Branch version scenarios & Traditional version scenarios.