Skip to main content
Hi,

if I to a reader add a Schemamapper where I add a couple of attributes, and after the Schemamapper I add another transformer,

why aren't the attributes shown after my Schemamapping? Is there any way to visualize them beneath the next transformer's symbol?

When adding a visualizer to the Schemamapper it's possible to see the attributes. So they exists but don't want to  be seen in the attribute list in the desktop under the next transformer. Weird.
Hi,

since the SchemaMapper is dynamic, there is no sure way for Workbench to present a list of the added attributes, as it might vary between features depending on your configuration.

You can, however, expose the desired attributes to the Workbench yourself, using an AttributeExposer.

David
Often the SchemaMapper is used with your writer setup to operate in 'Dynamic' mode, meaning whatever attribute is received will be written. It's true that often attributes are present attached to a feature and can be visualised, especially when created with a transformer like the SchemaMapper. If you don't need to do anything to the attribute(s) you can leave them hidden and they will still be written to the target if the writer is operating dynamically or the attribute has been defined... but if you want to do something to the attribute later in the workspace you will need to expose it to the workspace with the AttributeExposer. Some attributes have an embedded ability to expose attributes like the SQLExecutor...

Hope that helps