Question

FMEServerJobSubmitter NOT return _status attribute in FME 2023

• 10 January 2024
  • 4 replies

When I migrating a workspace from FME 2019 to FME 2023, the FMEServerJobSubmitter in FME 2019 version returns _status feature attribute which helps me debug if the job is suceeded or failed. However, when I opened it in FME 2023, there is NO _status attribute returned after the workspace runs.

FME 2019:

imageFME 2023:

imageHow can I get the _status attribute back in FME 2023? or is there any other way to get an attribute value similar to _status to info the user if the run is succeeded or failed?

Thanks for the help!

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

You need to make sure that the Wait for jobs to Complete parameter is set to Yes

thanks @virtualcitymatt​ for the hint, I checked the "Wait for Jobs to Complete" parameter, and it is set to Yes, but the transformer does NOT return the _status value.

thanks @virtualcitymatt​ again for your hint. In the existing workspace, I deleted the original FMEServerJobSubmitter transform, and inserted a new FMEServerJobSubmitter transform, and made sure the the "Wait for Jobs to Complete" parameter set to Yes. Now the "_status" attribute value is back as expected.

imageThank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

thanks @virtualcitymatt​ again for your hint. In the existing workspace, I deleted the original FMEServerJobSubmitter transform, and inserted a new FMEServerJobSubmitter transform, and made sure the the "Wait for Jobs to Complete" parameter set to Yes. Now the "_status" attribute value is back as expected.

imageThank you!

Ahh nice - interesting to hear that the attribute wasn't there even though the setting was correct. Glad you got it to work though