Skip to main content

When I migrating a workspace from FME 2019 to FME 2023, the FMEServerJobSubmitter in FME 2019 version returns _status feature attribute which helps me debug if the job is suceeded or failed. However, when I opened it in FME 2023, there is NO _status attribute returned after the workspace runs.

FME 2019:

imageFME 2023:

imageHow can I get the _status attribute back in FME 2023? or is there any other way to get an attribute value similar to _status to info the user if the run is succeeded or failed?

Thanks for the help!

You need to make sure that the Wait for jobs to Complete parameter is set to Yes

thanks @virtualcitymatt​ for the hint, I checked the "Wait for Jobs to Complete" parameter, and it is set to Yes, but the transformer does NOT return the _status value.

thanks @virtualcitymatt​ again for your hint. In the existing workspace, I deleted the original FMEServerJobSubmitter transform, and inserted a new FMEServerJobSubmitter transform, and made sure the the "Wait for Jobs to Complete" parameter set to Yes. Now the "_status" attribute value is back as expected.

imageThank you!

thanks @virtualcitymatt​ again for your hint. In the existing workspace, I deleted the original FMEServerJobSubmitter transform, and inserted a new FMEServerJobSubmitter transform, and made sure the the "Wait for Jobs to Complete" parameter set to Yes. Now the "_status" attribute value is back as expected.

imageThank you!

Ahh nice - interesting to hear that the attribute wasn't there even though the setting was correct. Glad you got it to work though