Question

FME 2024.0 Prompt button

• 23 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

A small follow-up question, the prompt button on the toolbar has vanished for me since FME 2024.0. It also disappeared from the Toolbar options. Same goes for the Stop at breakpoint button.

Any ideas how to get it back?

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @jeroenpeters 

I apologize for any inconvenience, but we have decided to remove the prompt button and the stop at breakpoint button from the main toolbar. After reviewing user feedback and analyzing the user experience, we did not find significant evidence to bring back these icons to the main toolbar. We wanted to preserve the main toolbar for actions that are more frequently used.

However, you can still access those actions through the run menu.

Crystal

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @jeroenpeters 

I apologize for any inconvenience, but we have decided to remove the prompt button and the stop at breakpoint button from the main toolbar.

Crystal

Hi @crystalatsafe,

thanks for the response, thou it’s sad to read these buttons are removed. Even the option to add them manually has been removed, I feel like that’s a bit of a design flaw 😊. No idea why you want to force users to go into the menu to check if these settings are on/off. It appears I could be the only one who uses it this way 😂

Have a great day!

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

To be honest I don't knew how to use the Stop at breakpoint function. Maybe I should use it more often. It could even function as a way to clear caching data. I should add a breakpoint after my Creator to force a refresh. My current method is changing the name of the _creation_instance parameter. My colleague presses the Rerun Entire Workspace and tries to Stop before the workbench comes to the critical part.

But removing the buttons from the Available Actions list is not “preserving” space in the Main Toolbar, it could only be “preserving” space in the Available Actions list. It’s more removing configuration options from the user. But maybe it was a hard time maintaining the button?

But if you really want to free space from the main menu:

Are there really people using the Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo and Redo buttons? And the zoom slider?

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

New toolbar:

Could be worse.

I think the FME Flow Connection takes up a lot of room on the bar. The new icon style is fashion i guess. I think less color is no progress, but that's taste.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

New toolbar:

Could be worse.

I think the FME Flow Connection takes up a lot of room on the bar. The new icon style is fashion i guess. I think less color is no progress, but that's taste.

But still, if it’s a user option you can move around icons and setup your own toolbar. Removing the option is really weird to me 😑

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @jeroenpeters and @jkr_wrk 

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this. 

We have filed this internally for our development team to reconsider. (internal:FMEFORM-31102)

Crystal