Skip to main content
Question

Feature Rotation

• 22 February 2013
  • 3 replies

Has anyone had to import a feature class' from a GeoMedia SQL Server Warehouse and maintain the rotation?

I have some Water Valves as a reader and I am simply importing into an GeoMedia Access dbf.   When I re-add the feature class from the GeoMedia Access dbf the valves all come in at 90deg.  I want them to maintain their geometry rotation.....

any thoughts.

Rotator transformer might help you.
Hi Takashi, the Rotator only allows you to input a specific rotation angle.  I am inputing the feature from an SQL server to a GeoMedia Access dbf because the user that will be reading the features does not have access to the server.  That is why I have to import it to the Access dbf so the end user can copy that to their local computer.  But when they import the Valves they do not come in the proper roation ? If I add the feature from the Server it comes in fine, but somehow is loosing its orientation paramerters when going from SQL into the Access Warehouse ?

Are these features actually GeoMedia collections? It looks like there is a known issue that prevents us reading the rotation on collections - even if you deaggregate the data then the rotations are lost.

If so, please let me know (or contact the support team through safe.com/supportrequest). Let them know you are affected by PR#10721. That way we can increase the priority of that issue and hopefully get it fixed.

My inference from that problem report is that non-collection features should not be affected by this issue. So if these aren't collections then we'll need to look more closely at what the problem might be.

Regards

Mark