Skip to main content
Solved

Efficient Cloning

• 31 January 2013
  • 1 reply

I have some polygons (fields) and each has a primary key ID. I also have some attributes (land owners) stored elsewhere, with a matching ID. The relationship is 1 Polygon (field) to Many attributes (owners). This is because each plot of land can have potentially more than one person who has a stake in the ownership of that plot of land!

The solution I'm looking for is the most efficient way of cloning my fields when there is > 1 owner. So if 1 field has 3 stake holders, I want to clone the geometry 3 times and have each owners details tagged to an identical polygon.

I can happily build a list at the moment by joining my two flows of data (fields and attributes) using the FeatureMerger but I can't then see an elegant way of cloning the polygons, short of counting the number of group elements and then Cloning and Indexing with lots of duplicated Transformers.

Does anyone out there have any bright idea's that I'm missing? It's got to the stage where I have snow blindness! Many thanks...
Ahhh ListExploder where have you been all my life!

Itay, you helped without knowing it...cheers https://safe.secure.force.com/AnswersQuestionDetail?id=906a0000000chvKAAQ