Skip to main content
Solved

Silent installation problems since version 2016

• 19 January 2017
  • 4 replies

Hello,

we used to deploy FME in silent mode using a so called NOVELL Zenworks Bundle. This worked fine up to version 2015. Since version 2016 we are having the following problems:

1.) Novell Zenworks is not able to install the msi-file any more. It shows an undefined error.

2.) Installing FME using msiexec on the client computer is possible in silent mode, but when you start FME the EULA-window and the FME Desktop Licensing Assistant window pop up, what we'd like to avoid because our students should no be forced to make any input in these windows.

We use the parameters:

qn

INSTALLLEVEL 3

ENABLE_POST_INSTALL_TASKS no

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Roland

Hello @rolandh,

My apologies that you have run into these difficulties with your silent installation process. I have created a FME technical support request on your behalf, as I believe more investigation is necessary. You will have received an email about the creation of the request and we can resolve this issue quickly.

Hello @rolandh,

My apologies that you have run into these difficulties with your silent installation process. I have created a FME technical support request on your behalf, as I believe more investigation is necessary. You will have received an email about the creation of the request and we can resolve this issue quickly.

This question was addressed via a support case with our Technology Experts team. If you encounter similar issues, and require assistance please contact our team via a support ticket or through Live Chat and we would be happy to assist!

Hello @AnnabelleAtSafe

We are encountering the same problem as @rolandh.

Also, I see in my current user registry that its setting a registry key named EULA2017.1.0.0 in Licenses under Safe Software Inc. > Feature Manipulation Engine.

What is this key and how is it taking the value?

Please provide me the solution to this problem or status if it is fixed or not.

I am using FME Desktop 2017.1

Hello @AnnabelleAtSafe

We are encountering the same problem as @rolandh.

Also, I see in my current user registry that its setting a registry key named EULA2017.1.0.0 in Licenses under Safe Software Inc. > Feature Manipulation Engine.

What is this key and how is it taking the value?

Please provide me the solution to this problem or status if it is fixed or not.

I am using FME Desktop 2017.1

Hi @suryathekingg,

Please kindly contact us through reporting a problem, and we would be happy to assist you further with this issue.