Skip to main content

Hi!

Having a hard time getting FME Desktop to play along with my Fedora 28 Installation. Used to be ok with FME 2017 and Fedora 27 but after upgrading, FME 2017 Workbench seems to install OK but won't start. FME 2018 won't even install with the following:

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.0TKvDW: line 8: pip3: command not found
error: %prein(fme-desktop-2018-2018.0.1.1-18312.el7.centos.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 127
Error in PREIN scriptlet in rpm package fme-desktop-2018
Error in PREIN scriptlet in rpm package fme-desktop-2018 

Some weird python package manager issue perhaps??

Also when I remove the faulty 2017 install of FME it ruins my QGIS 3 installation in the process. 

I'm fully aware of the fact that officially FME is only supported on Ubuntu LTS, but it should definetly also be working on Fedora IMHO. Any feedback appreciated.

Regards,

Stian

Hi @stian, I cannot find Fedora 28 in the full list of available platforms for FME.

Hi @stian. We definitely value your feedback on the lack of support for Fedora 28. I posted an idea on your behalf for this enhancement. Can you please give your vote to that Idea, and add a comment with any additional detail you'd like to provide? Thank you! Our developement team will take the popularity of these types of request in to consideration, when prioritizing their effort.

Hi @stian, I cannot find Fedora 28 in the full list of available platforms for FME.

I'm aware of the specs. I just think that since Fedora is the upstream source of RedHat, FME should be supported on this distro as well.