Skip to main content
Solved

MacOS silicon version bug

Trying to install on my mac, silicon version. Have uninstalled one version completely. New version still has the same bug.

When loading a package, going to database connections etc:

Failed to install web service '/Users/xxx/Library/Caches/Safe Software/FME/Packages/23319-macosx-aarch64/PackageFiles/safe-lab.genai/web_services/OpenAI.xml'. Reason: Unable to read from file '/Users/xxx/Library/Caches/Safe Software/FME/fme_publicKey.fmeks', No such file or directory (Code 2)

I checked for the folder and it doesnt exist.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi @oliver.morris​ !  I see you've posted on the FME Hub too.  I know it was suggested that you open up a support case with us, but I don't see one in our system.  I'll try to share some findings here.  Our team managed to fix the cause of the issue which should no longer occur in the latest build.  However, if you encountered the problem in a previous build it may persist even when installing a new build of FME.  To fix this you can either run the following command:

• requires admin access (the same as installing FME does) and 
  • changes the ownership of everything in the Safe Software folder back to the proper user
sudo chown -R "$USER:" ~/Library/Caches/Safe\ Software/

...or if you want to reinstall FME, ensure the ~/Library/Caches/Safe\ Software  is deleted before trying to install it again.

Badge +12

Hi @oliver.morris​ !  I see you've posted on the FME Hub too.  I know it was suggested that you open up a support case with us, but I don't see one in our system.  I'll try to share some findings here.  Our team managed to fix the cause of the issue which should no longer occur in the latest build.  However, if you encountered the problem in a previous build it may persist even when installing a new build of FME.  To fix this you can either run the following command:

• requires admin access (the same as installing FME does) and 
  • changes the ownership of everything in the Safe Software folder back to the proper user
sudo chown -R "$USER:" ~/Library/Caches/Safe\ Software/

...or if you want to reinstall FME, ensure the ~/Library/Caches/Safe\ Software  is deleted before trying to install it again.

@nampreetatsafe​ thank you for you help, ran this script and now all it good on my mac. Thank you, I look forward to giving FME on silicon a real spin.🚀