Question

FME Server public URL ?

• 19 April 2013
  • 5 replies

Badge +6
After much confusion we have a public 2013 fme server!:

https://fmeserver.ncd.noaa.gov/fmeserver/login/end

It looks like in 2013 version the admin interface and the public interface have been combined? Wha's the public url for workbench so users dont have to login? 

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26
You're correct that the two interfaces have been combined. There's just one login now and what you can see/do depends on your permissions. Really that was all the difference between interfaces was anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "public url for workbench". If you want to let outside folk run a translation you just need the same url as before. Again, it will be down to the permissions on the system whether any particular workspace can be run by anyone or needs an account to do so.

Hope this helps

Mark
Badge +2
Congrats!

Assuming you've turned on security, users will always need to log in in order to access FME Server.

To bypass this for public users, you could similutate a auto-login by:
  1. I believe you should still be able to set up the FME Server web interface to have a default username and password saved so that the public can access it.
  2. Alternatively you could pass users to the REST API and just have a standard REST token you give out. Both of these options require you to have some user (such as the guest account) that is logged in by the users be default.

If you're referring to users being able to access FME Server via FME Desktop, they will indeed always have to log in as a user. Perha[s create a "public" user with a password of public and  setup the access rights to such a user.
Badge +6
Okay I'm getting there. I have a public web form now.

http://ocs-gis.ncd.noaa.gov/fme/fme_test.html

However my published workbench has a drop down for menu for 5 different output format (from published parameters). I want the same thing on the web form. Also a checkboxes for each of the layers. Should I just do this in html ? 
Userlevel 4
Badge +26
Take a look in the FME Server interface. You're looking for a button marked Show Developer Info....

When you click on that then the code you need to show the published parameters will be displayed. Hopefully this will help when you are creating a front end for the system:

Badge +6
I did that, thats where I got the code for the web form. However my published workbench has the drop down for the formats but the web form doesn't