Skip to main content
Solved

FME Server on Docker

• 5 January 2017
  • 2 replies

All,

I have read and implemented the docker installation of FME server on Docker Engine as published by @GerhardAtSafe.

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/24815/deployment-of-fme-server-using-docker-toolbox.html

Mostly the installation, licensing and engine management runs fine. However, I am having an issue using the job manager to kill jobs. Any time i try to terminate a job I get error communicating with FME server host (hostid). Connection Refused.

I have reason to believe this is to do with the fact that the hostname of the engine and the web/core are different (as they are containerised) do kill requests get sent on a different port address? Is this an issue with the docker configuration or has anybody else had the same issue? Appreciate any insights you may have had.

Regards

Gavin Montgomery

Update:

This issue has been resolved. I tested the described scenario in FME Server for Docker build 17725 & 18244.

Hi Gavin,

I reproduced the error message (Error communicating with FME server) you are seeing. However, in my tests, the jobs still get canceled. I used the current Docker containers running FME Server 2017 beta (b17200). Can you confirm that the jobs are still canceled although you see the error message, on your side? I filed a report for our developers to investigate why this error message is falsely triggered and will let you know once we have an update. Thank you for testing FME Server for Docker! We appreciate your involvement in helping us make FME even better!

Cheers,

Gerhard

I'm getting the same results (build 17200) but I can confirm that the jobs are in fact cancelled even though the error message suggests otherwise.