Skip to main content
Solved

FME Server Number of Engines does not display

• 3 February 2016
  • 5 replies

We are running FME Server (2015.1.0.2 - Build 15482 - win32).

Engines and licenses seem to work properly, jobs can be started and are processed by FME Server.

Since we want to downsize the number of engines used, we try to follow procedure as described under "FME Server Web User Interface > Using the Interface > Configuring the Number of FME Engines to Start" which states:

"Change the Engine Count field to the desired number of engines, and click Change Number of Engines"

However, when we log in using an account that has superuser privilege, the list of Available Engines is there and shows 2 engines, but there is no "Engine Count" field nor "Change Number of Engines" button.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi Helmoet,

You should report this to Support@Safe.com

It might be a bug or an installation issue as nobody else has reported this.

Erik Jan

You have an issue between the core and the engine. You can fix this issue (Old method: change the number of engines in processMonitorConfigEngines)

# Start FME Engine 1
START_ENGINE_HOST_Engine1=!TEMPLATE_START_ENGINE!
# Start FME Engine 2
START_ENGINE_HOST_Engine2=!TEMPLATE_START_ENGINE!

You force the number of engines.

While this issue was reported over a year ago, I recently had a support call where I observed this in FME Server 2015 (unsure what Build). After completely shutting down FME Server – an FMECleanup.exe, FMEConfiguration.exe, and FMERelayer.exe process were observed to still be running.

After terminating these three "rogue" processes, and starting FME Server again, the user could properly manage the FME Server Engines in the web interface.

It's not clear how FME Server (2015) got into this state but please note that there has been a lot of improvement with respect to rogue processes in newer versions of FME Server!

Hi Helmoet,

You should report this to Support@Safe.com

It might be a bug or an installation issue as nobody else has reported this.

Erik Jan

While this issue was reported over a year ago, I recently had a support call where I observed this in FME Server 2015 (unsure what Build). After completely shutting down FME Server, an FMECleanup.exe, FMEConfiguration.exe, and FMERelayer.exe process were observed to still be running.

After terminating these three "rogue" processes, and starting FME Server, the user could properly manage the FME Server Engines in the web interface.

It's not clear how FME Server (2015) got into this state but there has been a lot of improvement with respect to rogue processes in newer versions of FME Server!

Thanks @erik_jan, @julien, @RylanAtSafe we moved to 2016, and are even planning to upgrade to 2017, which should be quite an improvement. Finally we got rid of this problem by taking off the connection to Active Directory, fix the number of engines using the FME Superuser account and then switching back to Active Directory again.