Question

404 not found from jobsubmitterservice

• 16 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

I’m trying to debug an issue with the Job Submitter Service (I haven't actually tried any of the other services) .

I have a process which runs fine from the FME Server UI (FME Server 2021). I can fill in the parameters (also upload an input file) etc. The jobs runs.

If instead I try and run this using the jobsubmitter service via REST call - e.g., http://Host/fmejobsubmitter/Repository/workspace.fmw?parameters

The response is a 404. 

What is interesting to me is that I’m able to use the URL without the parameters and get back a proper response - that is for example: http://Host/fmejobsubmitter/Repository/workspace.fmw

It seeeeems like the issue is somehow related to the input file, however, in that case I would expect the job to fail rather than return a 404. so to me it seems like there is a problem actually submitting the job

I’ve checked permissions and the user definitely has access to the repository where the workspace is, and in my testing removing the permissions returns a 401 ERROR instead. 

Because I don’t have direct access to the server it’s a bit difficult to debug but I’ve asked for more logs.

In the meantime, I’m just posting here to see if anyone has come across anything like this or has an idea why I’d be getting a 404 response.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Are you attaching a filepath in the parameters? Can you attach the json with the parameters so we can see what you do? I’ve had some issues with filepaths and some other datatypes in FME Server 2021, I think I “solved” this by converting all parameters to type text and escape all backslashes.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Are you attaching a filepath in the parameters? Can you attach the json with the parameters so we can see what you do? I’ve had some issues with filepaths and some other datatypes in FME Server 2021, I think I “solved” this by converting all parameters to type text and escape all backslashes.

Right - ok then try convert the filetype param to text and re-test it.

Here’s what it look like in the localhost access log on FME Server

/fmejobsubmitter/repo/workspace.fmw?INPUT_FILE=$(FME_DATA_REPOSITORY)/repo/workspace.fmw/HtorMxq57EHegzbL/HtorMxq57EHegzbL.obj&opt_responseformat=json&opt_servicemode=async HTTP/1.1" 404 121 109 109

I assumed initially that the issue was that the $(FME_DATA_REPOSITORY) was wrong - a bug in FME 2021 following the large update to the parameters I guess makes sense. 

will update when I’ve been able to test