Skip to main content
Question

FlexNet to support other products

• 24 July 2024
  • 1 reply

We currently have FME-supplied Flexnet running on a Windows server and would like to use the same daemon to licence another product. I have checked in the manual and the suggestion is that I simply need to tweak the other product licence file to point at a different port. However as the current Flexnet install does not show FME as he vendor file, when I try adding a vendor file it causes and error as it can’t find the FME licence file. I did put the other product’s licence file in the same folder as the FME file. I have also spotted a post that suggested adding the second products licence to the same file with FME pointing at the default port (27000) and the other product point at a second port.

Can you advise what is the best approach?

Thanks

Chris

1 reply

Badge +14

We used to have FME and ArcGIS Desktop licenses on the same server. To avoid conflicts we changed the FME ports and let ArcGIS run on the defalt settings. 

The header of the FME licence file was changed from:

SERVER <server name>  005056a8c5be
VENDOR safe

to:

SERVER <server name> 005056a8c5be 28001
VENDOR safe PORT=4002

We could then access the FME licence from <server name>:28001.

See also https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME-Form-Documentation/FME-Form-Admin-Guide/FMEInstallation/Specifying_Floating_License_Server_Ports.htm