Question

Preserve globalid

• 6 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi! 

I'm trying to transfer the information from the layers and tables of one geodatabase (with domains and relationships) to another geodatabase with a different data model. I need the GlobalIDs from the reader  geodatabase to remain in the writer geodatabase. In some tables/layers, I manage to keep them by setting "translation type: none" and "preserve GlobalID: yes," but in others, it's necessary for the translation type to be edit session, and then the GlobalIDs are not preserved. Is there any way to maintain the GlobalIDs regardless of the translation type or in any other way?

I have read several posts regarding this issue but I can't find a solution.

thanks! 

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

I don’t think that will be possible, according to the documentation (it’s file geodatabase you’re writing too, right?):

When Transaction Type is set to None, this parameter determines whether to copy the GlobalIDs from the source table to the destination table, or generate new GlobalIDs for the destination table.

Badge +2

yes, the writer is file geodatabase.

there are some layers that I can't write with transaction type = none; it has to be with transaction type = edit session. That's when it doesn't preserve the GlobalIDs. Is there any other way to preserve the GlobalIDs in an edir session?"

thanks!