Skip to main content

I have a simple workspace that calls an external json service. I can open and run it without any issues on my laptop. But when I open it on a Windows server, it gives a few such errors "The class 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv" could not be located. Check your classpath

Error getting id for 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv' with signature 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv'". The workspace actually runs correctly on the server. But I want to fix this error. I don't have a system variable called classpath on the server. I have a Classpath system variable on my laptop as ";C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\EMC\\ExJNIAPIGateway.jar". But if I delete it, the workspace on the laptop still has no issues at all so I am not sure what Classpath is needed for FME web service call.

Hi @ag – Are you able to open FME Workbench on the affected machine, and create a new Database Connection (Tools > FME Options)? We had a similar report that a customer resolved by reinstalling FME Desktop.

It would be helpful to know what version and build you are using – e.g. 2017.1 Build 17539 Win64.

Hi @ag – Are you able to open FME Workbench on the affected machine, and create a new Database Connection (Tools > FME Options)? We had a similar report that a customer resolved by reinstalling FME Desktop.

It would be helpful to know what version and build you are using – e.g. 2017.1 Build 17539 Win64.
@RylanAtSafe. On this machine Tools > FME Options -> Database Connections gives "Error retrieving connections". When I tried to add an Oracle connection, got this same error "Error getting id for 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv' with signature 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv'". Will try to reinstall FME desktop. I am using FME 2017.1.0 Build 17539 - WIN64).

@RylanAtSafe. On this machine Tools > FME Options -> Database Connections gives "Error retrieving connections". When I tried to add an Oracle connection, got this same error "Error getting id for 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv' with signature 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv'". Will try to reinstall FME desktop. I am using FME 2017.1.0 Build 17539 - WIN64).

@ag - Yes, that sounds suspiciously similar. Noting that it was not determined what the root cause was.. If a reinstall does not resolve the issue, please use the Report a Problem form at safe.com/support.

I had this issue too, since starting to run my workspace on a different server than I had it running on before. I'm using FME Desktop ESRI Edition (floating). The server I'm getting the error on has version FME(R) 2018.1.2.1 (20190319 - Build 18592 - WIN64)

On the previous server, the same workspace ran fine. That server had a slightly older version of FME - FME(R) 2018.1.0.2 (20180903 - Build 18547 - WIN64)

Both these servers are MS Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard.

In my case copying everything from the main window into a new workspace worked to solve this issue!

Here's the error I was getting.

The class 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv" could not be located. Check your classpath

Error getting id for 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv' with signature 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv'

I had this issue too, since starting to run my workspace on a different server than I had it running on before. I'm using FME Desktop ESRI Edition (floating). The server I'm getting the error on has version FME(R) 2018.1.2.1 (20190319 - Build 18592 - WIN64)

On the previous server, the same workspace ran fine. That server had a slightly older version of FME - FME(R) 2018.1.0.2 (20180903 - Build 18547 - WIN64)

Both these servers are MS Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard.

In my case copying everything from the main window into a new workspace worked to solve this issue!

Here's the error I was getting.

The class 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv" could not be located. Check your classpath

Error getting id for 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv' with signature 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv'

Wow, that was a smart thing to try @angela! If you are able to share the workspaces (old and new) with our Support Team, there might be something we can identify to help prevent this frustration for other users.

Wow, that was a smart thing to try @angela! If you are able to share the workspaces (old and new) with our Support Team, there might be something we can identify to help prevent this frustration for other users.

a_WriteCUUpdatesAndSDELLtoSQLite.zip

I overwrote the one on the new server that wasn't working with the one that's working. But I do have a slightly older copy which I'm sending you (though not sure if it will be useful).

Attached is a zipped file of the one that's working on the newer server (workspace called a_WriteCUUpdatesAndSDELLtoSQLite.fmw) and that older copy of the workspace which wouldn't work on the newer server.

We have this same error in FME Server 2018.1.1.2 - Build 18586 - win64

The class 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv" could not be located. Check your classpathError getting id for 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv' with signature 'COM/safe/fmewebservices/FMENamedConnectionEnv'

This is with Oracle named connection, if we embed the connection parameters, then it runs. This happens under really specific circumstances, and only in FME Server, not FME Desktop. So we have a complex job processing process where we have a fmw that submits jobs and manages the workflow using Jobsubmitters and jobwatiers. So we submit about 120 jobs (jobsubmitter set not to wait, then -->FeatureHolder-->Jobwaiter-->then Jobsubmitter set to Wait - This is the on that tosses the error, and it will Run OK outside of this process, so if I run it manually it works, but it will fail when run in this process. We have another process that follow this pattern and we get the same with that one in 2018 also.

I do not know if this helps at all, but it is another example of this issue.

And the Copy to New Workspace fix did not fix this for us.