Skip to main content

I am attempting to hide external user content in FME server (FME Server 2020.0.2.1, Build 20238 - linux-x64) deployed to Openshift using the safe provided helm charts and docker images (With some minor modifications). 

I have updated the docker images to apply the same change as described in the linked article by updating the relevent confd template. I have verified the file `/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/fmeserver/WEB-INF/conf$ file propertiesFile.properties` in the web container of the core pod is updated.

/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/fmeserver/WEB-INF/conf$ grep EXTERNAL_CONTENT propertiesFile.properties 

# HIDE_EXTERNAL_CONTENT - Disable all external content from being displayed in the WebUI

HIDE_EXTERNAL_CONTENT=true

This appears to be the correct file based on the document and I cannot find any other references to this term but I am not seeing any change to the WebUI and the links to safe.com are still available.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

Hi @nokout​ 

Unfortunately it looks like a bug that the links to external content do still work. I believe the flag does still impact external content/links available on the log in page.

We haven't had any reports from customers in a long time relating to this feature so we were planning to remove this flag in the future. Please let me know if this is critical for you and I can make a note on our issue that's requesting the removal to see whether we can fix it instead.

Thanks for the information.

I was pursuing it because it was picked up in our organisation's security assessment. I suspect mostly because it is highlighted in the "Securing FME Server" document. I will review with them but I dont think any action is required now but it updating the documentation when a decision is made on the feature would be great.