Solved

Authentification error in spite of correct credentials

• 11 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I am trying to execute an job in datastreaming via HttpCaller.

The message I get back is "HTTP/1.1 401" although I have my login data filled in.

I tried to use my usernmae and pw on the browser, it works fine.

Just the transformer tells me its not ok.

I tried the two possibilities mentioned here for users without a token :

https://community.safe.com/s/article/401-unauthorized-error-when-making-fme-server-requ

Doesn't work either way....

Maybe someone stumbled accross a similar problem and has a solution ?

icon

Best answer by sanaeatsafe 12 September 2023, 19:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @lgrie​ ,

Are you using the token that is automatically created upon creating the data streaming webhook URL? (example in this tutorial)

If so, the token may need to be updated to have explicit permissions to any named connections (web or database) used in the workspace. This can be done from the Manage Tokens page, using the Connections drop-down menu to tick the "Access" box next to each connection used.

Does it the request work if you use the URL and token in the browser?

I'd also try testing another workspace, like austinApartments.fmw from the Samples folder, to make sure it is not an issue with the HTTPCaller configuration.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi @lgrie​ ,

Are you using the token that is automatically created upon creating the data streaming webhook URL? (example in this tutorial)

If so, the token may need to be updated to have explicit permissions to any named connections (web or database) used in the workspace. This can be done from the Manage Tokens page, using the Connections drop-down menu to tick the "Access" box next to each connection used.

Does it the request work if you use the URL and token in the browser?

I'd also try testing another workspace, like austinApartments.fmw from the Samples folder, to make sure it is not an issue with the HTTPCaller configuration.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, I had an issue with HTTPCaller config.