Question

How can we access AWS secret keys for connecting to database in FME workbench?

• 12 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I don't want to make database connection by giving hardcoded values instead I want to use the secret keys from secret manager. is there any way to implement this in FME ?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Hi there,

You will need to connect to AWS via a "web connection". Once you have this configured/authenticated, drop a S3Connector transformer onto the canvas and tell it to use web connection

https://docs.safe.com/fme/2022.2/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/s3connector-pkg.htm

Badge

thanks j.botterill for quick response, so for example in my workspace I need to connect POSTGIS database for writing the table in target database (i.e. PostGIS db) and after connecting to PostGIS db I need to select particular schema for writing the table for that I need to connect the database but not through usual database connection we are using in FME, I need to use secret values for connecting the database. As per your suggestion I need to make web connection first & then need to use S3 connector transformer but in S3 connector can we select schema that we are generally doing in normal database connection in FME.