Skip to main content

My workspace has two readers - Oracle and Postgres. Sometimes the Oracle reader feature has records and sometimes it doesn't. I'd like for the Postgres Reader feature to be read only when the Oracle reader feature has records - i.e. to be dependent on there being records in the Oracle reader feature. Is this possible to do?

@ieukcoca - take a look at the FeatureReader transformer. You could use that to read your Postgres data, and use a feature from your oracle data to initiate it (enter the initiator port). Don't forget though you only want one feature to pass in to the initiator port, else you will read the data multiple times (once for each feature entered), so use something like a Sampler transformer to filter off just one of your oracle features first. If no features are read from your oracle reader, then the FeatureReader never gets initiated/used.

capture.png

@ieukcoca - take a look at the FeatureReader transformer. You could use that to read your Postgres data, and use a feature from your oracle data to initiate it (enter the initiator port). Don't forget though you only want one feature to pass in to the initiator port, else you will read the data multiple times (once for each feature entered), so use something like a Sampler transformer to filter off just one of your oracle features first. If no features are read from your oracle reader, then the FeatureReader never gets initiated/used.

capture.png

Thanks. That sounds promising. I'll check it out.