Skip to main content
I'm new to FME, so my question may be quite simple:

In ORACLE I would like to output the content of a table into a new table. Except for two attributes, the structure of new table is the same as the one of the input-table. The input-table has a field "Geometry" with the type "SDO_GEOMETRY" and the output-table has to have it too. (We don't have Oracle Spatial though).

I first defined a reader (format: Oracle Spatial Object) and tried to define a writer.

But what format do I have to choose for the writer? With oracle non-spatial I loose the geometry and with oracle Spatial Relational the geometry is no longer saved in an "SDO_GEOMETRY"-field, but in four new tables.

How could I do this (is it possible at all without oracle spatial)?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,

Have a look at the geometry replacer / geometry extractor, this way you can choose a geometry representation that can be saved in oracle non spatial.

Itay
Hi,

if you do not need to access the geometries with other tools than FME, the easiest is probably to convert the geometries to OGC Well-Known Binary (use the GeometryExtractor) and save them in a regular Oracle BLOB field.

To re-read the geometries, use the GeometryReplacer, as Itay suggested.

David
Thank you very much! Now I got my table with the SDO_GEOMETRY-field!

Vera
Hi,

In my case I have oracle spatial relational writer and I need to have the SDO_GEOMETRY and other applications are reading it.

Am I using the wrong writer? Why is this SDO_GEOMETRY field missing?

Regards