Skip to main content

I am reading several views that contain non spatial data. When inserting the readers, I click the approx 10 views I want to read from and then am bringing them in as a single merged feature type. I am bringing them in as a single merged feature for simplicity and because I am using a trimmed version of fme_feature_type to name my shapefile writers.

My workbench fails when I run it, because it is trying to read tables that I do not have access to. Has anyone else had this problem? I have other workbenches that are similar to this and it works for them. I know I can just bring in the tables as individual feature types, it just seemed odd to me.

I'm using FME 17.0.1.1

Hi @colleenk_1, would you mind sharing any of the errors that you are seeing whether it be in the log file or when adding the Reader onto the canvas?
Also... I want to confirm "My workbench fails when I run it, because it is trying to read tables that I do not have access to." You did mean tables? The views you do have select permission on?

You say you have other workbenches that are similar. In those other workbenches do you have access to the tables within the views?

The user in the other workspaces and this workspace - are they all the same?

I am having two similar problems in separate workbenches, and then no issue in another one. All basically doing the same thing with an oracle reader. I am able to add the readers without error, but then get an error randomly when running the workbenches.

The above mentioned problem involves reading views and then getting an "ORA-04044: procedure, function, package, or type is not allowed here" for sys and other tables I have never heard seen. I definitely have read, write, and execute on the views (and all the tables/views in my other workbenches) I am trying to read, but I am not sure for the entire database.

To be honest, I closed the workbench after making the ticket and reopened it to rerun it to get the log file and it didn't read in any extra tables. I made no changes to the workbench between runs. It seems like it fixed itself. This sporadically happens though, so I am curious if you have come across this before, because that could cause problems when the workbench goes to production.

In an Oracle Spatial reader that is reading only one table, I specified the geometry column and got the following error that it wasn't able to read the following materialized view.

"ORACLE8I feature type 'GIS_STG.FEATURE_GEOGRACHIC_VALUES_MVW' does not have the expected geometry column named 'G3E_GEOMETRY'; continuing to read table without any geometry

Error running translation. " If I don't specify the column name it brings in the records from the materialized view that I am not trying to read from.

Is there a parameter I should be adding, so the readers doesn't pick up these other features?

I am having two similar problems in separate workbenches, and then no issue in another one. All basically doing the same thing with an oracle reader. I am able to add the readers without error, but then get an error randomly when running the workbenches.

The above mentioned problem involves reading views and then getting an "ORA-04044: procedure, function, package, or type is not allowed here" for sys and other tables I have never heard seen. I definitely have read, write, and execute on the views (and all the tables/views in my other workbenches) I am trying to read, but I am not sure for the entire database.

To be honest, I closed the workbench after making the ticket and reopened it to rerun it to get the log file and it didn't read in any extra tables. I made no changes to the workbench between runs. It seems like it fixed itself. This sporadically happens though, so I am curious if you have come across this before, because that could cause problems when the workbench goes to production.

In an Oracle Spatial reader that is reading only one table, I specified the geometry column and got the following error that it wasn't able to read the following materialized view.

"ORACLE8I feature type 'GIS_STG.FEATURE_GEOGRACHIC_VALUES_MVW' does not have the expected geometry column named 'G3E_GEOMETRY'; continuing to read table without any geometry

Error running translation. " If I don't specify the column name it brings in the records from the materialized view that I am not trying to read from.

Is there a parameter I should be adding, so the readers doesn't pick up these other features?

Hi @colleenk_1, you do seem to be having some odd behaviour, I agree.

The view issue seems to be related to a procedure or function call being referenced in the view definition. Since it is sporadic... I might consider further investigation with what is going on at the database... alert log might shed some light. I presume you are in a Dev environment? Is there any other changes happening that might explain this?

The materialized view: Can you do a DESC on the materialized view to ensure the geometry column is G3E_GEOMETRY?

I'm not understanding this statement "If I don't specify the column name it brings in the records from the materialized view that I am not trying to read from.". Are you saying we return records from a different materialized view?

Feel free to submit a case to support@safe.com. We can likely get to the bottom of this quicker over a phone call.

@colleenk_1, What is the Features To Read parameter set to? It is like empty thus trying to read lots more tables in the schema.

en,