Skip to main content
I'm using FeatureMerger to join a spatial and non-spatial database based on a common attribute (country column) and in the output, I'll like to write all attributes from both databases. I used "Copy attribute from Transformer", but it copied only some of the attributes...I tested it with just one database and selected Copy Attribute from Feature, it didnt select all the attributes as seen in picture. Please what am I doing wrongly?

Thanks

Hi,

Some data formats don't allow that field names contain white spaces and / or certain special characters. In such a case, the writer replaces automatically invalid characters (e.g. white spaces) with valid characters (e.g. underscores).

Maybe your situation falls under such a case.   You can use the AttributeRenamer transformer to change attribute names to appropriate names before writing.   And you can copy attribute configuration from multiple Feature Types or Transformers separately. The writer will append attributes copied later to its attribute configuration, will not overwrite.

After copying, you can modify (add / delete / change) the attribute configuration manually on "User Attributes" tab of "Feature Type Properties" dialog box of the writer.

Takashi
Alternatively, the BulkAttributeRenamer transformer (Action: String Replace) can be used instead of the AttributeRenamer,  if you need to just replace a specific character (e.g. white space) with other specific character (e.g. underscore).
Works, thanks very much.