Skip to main content

I found an article about "insert images into an Excel spreadsheet" (https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/33588/writing-images-to-ms-excel-spreadsheets.html), this article was made with FME desktop 2016. I was wondering of it is possible to do the same action with fme desktop 2015? In fme desktop 2015 the "attributemanager" is not available, so i as wondering which transformers to use in fme desktop 2015 to make the same actions as with the "attributemanager" in the article!

I hope anyone can help me!

Peter

You can simply use an AttributeCreator in stead of the AttributeManager for this example:

Hi David,

thank you for your quick answer!

Peter

You can simply use an AttributeCreator in stead of the AttributeManager for this example:

Is it possible to add a second, thrird or more images to the same row in the colomn next to this?

Hi,

I am trying to attach several PNG images to Excel. In the example attached, I have just included 1 PNG file and I have restricted to produce only 1 file with the tester transformer.

With the "old" Excel writer from the example above I can actually put the image where I want to but I got the values for the column starting from row #3. would like to start from row #2.

With the other writer I cannot achieve any of the above at all with a newer Excel writer.

Any ideas, @david_r?

Br

Felipe Verdú

pngtoexcel.fmwt

Hi,

I am trying to attach several PNG images to Excel. In the example attached, I have just included 1 PNG file and I have restricted to produce only 1 file with the tester transformer.

With the "old" Excel writer from the example above I can actually put the image where I want to but I got the values for the column starting from row #3. would like to start from row #2.

With the other writer I cannot achieve any of the above at all with a newer Excel writer.

Any ideas, @david_r?

Br

Felipe Verdú

pngtoexcel.fmwt

Hi @felipeverdu1,

Thanks for your question! Unfortunately this Q&A thread appears to be quite old and it's easy to overlook your question at a glance, seeing as there's already an accepted answer to this Q&A. Would you be open to posting your question as a new independent question for better visibility? This opens it up to more people in the Community to chime in and help. Thanks!