Skip to main content

Need Help

I have been using FME Inspector to read an IFC file. Inside the IFC file, there are IfcGeographicElement features (DTM surface). My question is, why doesn't FME display the shape of the object?

I noticed in the FME the number of vertices is zero, but when I opened it in Open IFC Viewer, I can see the IfcGeographicElement object, and there are vertex values 15515.

Attached herewith are screenshots of both applications views.

Hi @abdullah83​ I'm not sure I have an answer for you without seeing your file, do you think you could post it here? If not, perhaps you could share it privately with support by creating a case. An expert with IFC can then take a deeper dive into this issue as well. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi @abdullah83​ I'm not sure I have an answer for you without seeing your file, do you think you could post it here? If not, perhaps you could share it privately with support by creating a case. An expert with IFC can then take a deeper dive into this issue as well. Sorry for the inconvenience!

First and foremost, I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your response.

Of course, there is no problem for me to share the file. But the problem, this reply (also on Case post) cant support ifc file for attachment. i just can chance the ext file from ifc to txt for allow it.

Attached herewith is the IFC file (changed to txt) for your reference and further action, Madam @Evie Lapalme​ .

@EvieAtSafe this is ifc file. in zip file