Skip to main content

Hi all, new in the community. Could someone please provide some advice on the above, perhaps point me something out just to get started. I'm running some searches still no clear to me how achieve it. I'm beginner FME user.

I'd like to convert the GIS points in my database to DWG, whereas one given attribute of the GIS point would be within the produced CAD point as text.

Many thanks in advance

Alan

Hi @alanaliberti. Please consider reviewing the how-to article GIS to CAD: Convert Parcel Polygons and Lines from Geodatabase to DGN. The article and attached template workspace describes how to create text features in CAD from GIS features with attributes

• the CenterPointReplacer replaces each polygon with a point (in this case you already have the points)
  • the LabelPointReplacer replaces each point or line with a text feature, based on an attribute value

In terms of blocks, I would suggest that you consider reviewing Tutorial: Getting Started with AutoCAD: https://knowledge.safe.com/content/kbentry/22968/getting-started-with-autocad.html

Kind regards,

Natalie

Hi @alanaliberti. Please consider reviewing the how-to article GIS to CAD: Convert Parcel Polygons and Lines from Geodatabase to DGN. The article and attached template workspace describes how to create text features in CAD from GIS features with attributes

• the CenterPointReplacer replaces each polygon with a point (in this case you already have the points)
  • the LabelPointReplacer replaces each point or line with a text feature, based on an attribute value

In terms of blocks, I would suggest that you consider reviewing Tutorial: Getting Started with AutoCAD: https://knowledge.safe.com/content/kbentry/22968/getting-started-with-autocad.html

Kind regards,

Natalie

Thanks a lot @NatalieAtSafe. Regarding specifically blocks with attributes in autocad, would be possible to access/fill in the attributes fields using FME? I really can't find this very information in the foruns.

Thanks again.