Skip to main content
Hi

I've a lot of xml files ISO191115  (like the one at the link below)    with some spatial info as the EX_BoundingPolygon that I need to extract for build up some feature in kml or shape format.

Do you have any idea or suggestions?

TIA

ciao

fz

link to example file:

https://api.echo.nasa.gov/catalog-rest/echo_catalog/granules/G26813121-LPDAAC_ECS.iso19115_2?token=3F8812EE-8A4F-EAFF-FE95-E6A036ACC3C1
Hi,

You can read the XML and use the geometryreplacer to convert the geometry into spatial features.

Hi,

thank.

I've setup an XML reader, configurated to match  EX_BoundingPolygon, Feature_Paths and flattening enabled. So this return me among the user attribut  the polygon line string.

(something like ...<gml:posList>46.211 12.5684 46.0997 13.357 45.5501 13.1555 45.6603 12.3745</gml:posList>...).

As you suggest I put down the reader a geometryreplacer trans, but I amid the river flow now.... infact I guess the right geometry encoding I need to choice (GeoRSS? GML?), and again I need something between  reader and transformer?

TIA

ciao

fz
Hi,

The GeometryReplacer (GML Encoding) assumes the source attribute is an XML fragment containing a GML element. If you flatten EX_BoundingPolygon element with the XML reader, try specify "xml_flagment" to "Source Geometry Attribute" of the GeometryReplacer.

Takashi
Hi,

The geometry replacer (GML encoding) can be placed directly after the reader, and as Takashi mentioned the xml_fragment attribute should be use to convert the geometry.
Hi

great!!  Now it's more clear. Thank.

A last question: feeding  xml_fragment to geometry_replacer produce (of course) a line and not a polygon. Do you have idea how get polygon instead?

again thank

fz   
Hi,

The coordinate list of the data is not closed (the last coordinate is not equal to the first coordinate), so the GeometryReplacer cannot produce a polygon. But don't worry. You can close the line using the LineCloser transformer :-)

Takashi