Skip to main content
Question

DWG Writer

• 8 November 2012
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I write DWG Autocad Files 2004.

If I open the DWG File with the Autocad DWG TrueView I didn't find the graphic, because the zoom window is far away. It's difficult to find the graphic. What can I do?

Thanks a lot

Ulf 

Hi Ulf,

have you tried using a template file for the DWG-writer? Im a not that familiar with DWG, but for DGN you have the same "problems" if you are using a seed which does define different extends and ground units than the data you are writing into the file.

Best regards,

Tino
Hi Tino,

I using a template File. In this File are stored my different Blockdefinitions. I export a whole ArcSDE into Autocad DWG Files.  Each DWG File has a size of 1000 x 1000 m.  What you are meaning with  "if you are using a seed which does define different extents"

Best regards

Ulf

Hi Ulf,

what is the result, when you use the "Zoom to Extent" in True View? In my cases that helps usually to find the graphic.

As to my knowledge FME uses the extent of the data as "dwg-extent" except if there is an extent defined in the Template file. Is the extent of your template file

very big?

If you write the data to "dxf" instead of "dwg" you can open the dxf-file in an ASCII-Editor and have a look at the extent.

Kind regards

Uta
HI Uta,

If I use the "Zoom to Extent" (Double Click with the Middel Mouse Button) in True View I usually find the graphic. The Exent of my template File disagree to the export Graphic. The Template File contain only my Blockdefintions. The export DWG File should contain the zoom to extent View without the Mouse Clock.

Best regards

Ulf