Skip to main content

Hello, I have DWG file and I was wondering if I can somehow transform it to a GeoTIFF or just TIFF? Thank You in advance

Yes, you can e.g. use the ImageRasterizer between a DWG reader and a GeoTIFF writer.

There's also the MapnikRasterizer if you need more fine-grained control on the result.

Yes, you can e.g. use the ImageRasterizer between a DWG reader and a GeoTIFF writer.

There's also the MapnikRasterizer if you need more fine-grained control on the result.

I have tried like this but it doesn't work. It gives me an error always.

I have tried like this but it doesn't work. It gives me an error always.

And what's the error message?
And what's the error message?

GEOTIFF writer: Failed to obtain raster from feature. Only features with raster geometry are expected

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

... Last line repeated 2 times ...

ImageRasterizer: Failed to evaluate expression 'C:\\Users\\Dejan\\Desktop\\11.Plan parcelacije IND 2.dwg'. Result is set to null.

ImageRasterizer: Failed to evaluate expression 'C:\\Users\\Dejan\\Desktop\\11.Plan parcelacije IND 2.dwg'. Result is set to null.

You shouldn't connect the <Rejected> port to the GeoTIFF writter, it will output the original (vector) features and not a raster.

However, you should post the error messag generated from one of the rejected features here. They're a sign that something is wrong, perhaps in how the ImageRasterizer has been configured.

You shouldn't connect the <Rejected> port to the GeoTIFF writter, it will output the original (vector) features and not a raster.

However, you should post the error messag generated from one of the rejected features here. They're a sign that something is wrong, perhaps in how the ImageRasterizer has been configured.

I am trying now with MapnikRasterizer but I am not sure if it will work.

GEOTIFF writer: Failed to obtain raster from feature. Only features with raster geometry are expected

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

... Last line repeated 2 times ...

Hi @maliodpalube, I'm afraid that you have set a wrong attribute to a parameter in the ImageRasterizer. Connect a Logger or Inspector to the Rejected port and run, then check how the fme_rejection_code attribute says.

@maliodpalube

did you add a feature color to the objects. prior to imagerasterizer?

I don't see it in your workspace. Use featurecolorsetter and set to the autocad color ( you can expose this on the autocad reader, use aply to all unless you like to click a lot..;))

Features without an fme_color attribute will be discarded.