Skip to main content

Hi FME people,

When creating a reader or writer, our typical procedure involves selecting an SDE database connection, such as SDE.EDIT.R. Following this selection, we establish a link to a deployment parameter, assigning it a local value. In this scenario, the local value corresponds to the database connection SDE.EDIT.R.

This works well, except when we try ‘view source data’ or ‘view written data. 

The connection is set to the deployment parameter but the local value is not used instead.

Anyone who is experiencing the same thing?

We use:

FME Form: 2023.2.2

FME Flow: 2023.2.2

Thanks a lot,

Francis

I haven’t tested it out, but as it’s the most recent version, I do wonder if it could be a bug?

Might be worth raising it as one and seeing what Safe have to say

@hkingsbury I tested this in FME 2023.2.2 and can confirm that this is unfortunately a bug. Looks like FME is using the FME Flow value for the deployment parameter when viewing the source/written data on a reader/writer. I’ve submitted a ticket with our developers to get this issue resolved: FMEFORM-30507

Apologies for the inconvenience. At the moment the only workaround is to use an older version of FME Form or to use a database connection (as opposed to a deployment parameter) when you want to view data from your reader/writer.

Thanks you so much, Dan.

When the local value has the same name as the deployment parameter, it functions perfectly.

We will use in that way.