Skip to main content

Hello everyone!

I am extremely new to FME Desktop (2011). I've been playing with it for the last few days. I am at a point where I would like to ask for your help! I would really appreciate all your suggestions/answers.

Background:

Currently, I'm trying to modify an existing workbench. This workbench grabs data from an Oracle database. The data goes through a series of transformers: Joiner -> AttributeClassifier -> 2DPointAdder -> ListExploder -> FeatureMerger (where another Oracle table is merged) -> ListExploder_2 -> FeatureMerger_2 (where a new CVS file, with 277K rows, is merged) -> ListExploder_3 -> AttributeFilter -> MapInfo TAB file.

Current Situation:

The above seems to be running okay for a small subset of data (1000 rows from Oracle).

There is another CSV file (60+ rows of lookup data) that I would need to merge into the existing workbench. (Creating another table in the Oracle database might be a better solution for this lookup table. But for now, I'm just trying to do a proof of concept.)

In this lookup CSV file, there are 5 text columns and a "Result" column. The existing workbench also contains the same 5 text columns.

The question that I'd like to ask: Is there a way to evaluate/lookup/compare the data produced by the existing workbench against these 5 columns in the lookup CSV to see if there is a match? If there is a match, then write/populate a field/attribute with the lookup CSV's "Result" column value. This value would be part of the MapInfo TAB file.

My apologies for the long post and for my possibly incorrect FME terminologies.

Sincerely!

Hi, I would create a new attribute which stores a string concatenating the 5 column values ("text1_text2_text3_text4_text5") for both requestor and supplier, and then merge the features with the FeatureMerger using the attribute as join key.

In FME 2013+, the FeatureMerger allows you to set multiple join key attributes. Consider upgrading FME version if possible.

Hello, Takashi! Thank you! Concat value comparison seemed to have work fine. I've just upgraded to FME 2014 and am playing with the new FeatureMerger.

Thanks, once again!