Skip to main content

I converted Autocad dwg to KML but I am
having issues with attribute blocks. In KML file text in the block is separated into 3 entities with each one having a placemarker which I want to get rid of and show only plain text with proper attributes. Also I do not want to show kml_xxx for each poliline.

CAD file, workflow and KML file attached.

Any help would be much appreciated

Hi @klika68,

When adding your source AutoCAD DWG file to the FME workspace, please choose the following settings in the reader Parameters:

Group Entities By: Attribute Schema - this will expose the attributes on the features to the workspace

Explode Blocks into Entities: disabled - we want only the block location, not its parts

Read Interpreted Extended Entity Data: disabled - we don't want to expose the extended entity data in this dataset, which just appears to be a file path.

These settings will expose the following attributes on the TEXT features:

B_XXX

MH

SHAW

XXXX

Add these attributes to the TEXT KML feature type as well, if necessary. Now the TEXT placemarks in the output KML file will have the appropriate attributes on them.

Hi Dave,

unfortunately this does not work for me. Everything is pretty much the same, yellow place markers are still there. I lost MH blocks (circles) now yellow place markers. I do not want place markers to be shown.

"Add these attributes to the TEXT KML feature type as well, if necessary.
Now the TEXT placemarks in the output KML file will have the
appropriate attributes on them."

How do I do that?

Would you be able to upload FME workflow?

Thanks

fme.png

Am I suppose to add AttributeCreator like this one? If so , what attribute values shoud I use?