Skip to main content

I understand that the versions of Civil 3D supported by FME are done so by a third party.  Is there any information if libraries will be available to Safe in the future to extend support to newer versions of Civil3D?

Thanks,

+1

I think this would be most useful, if not for anything else, then for preparing data for the field for us surveyors... I can already think of a useful application or two 😉
Good question! We certainly have lots of customers hoping we can support newer versions of Civil3D in FME. At the moment FME can read Civil 3D files 2009 and earlier. More details here

The current plan is for FME to support reading Civil 3D 2010 - 2012 files starting early in the FME 2014 betas which would appear early in 2013. We may also add this capability to an FME 2013 Service pack which would also appear in early 2013.   After that reading Civil 3D version 2013  could come more quickly.  Writing Civil 3D is another task on our list but not currently scheduled.

Hope that helps

Ken
UPDATE:

FME 2013 SP2 supports reading Civil 3D DWG files created by Civil 3D 2013 or earlier software. 

See here for more information.

@aaddison Vote for this Idea here : https://knowledge.safe.com/content/idea/92615/autocad-civil-3d-writer.html