Skip to main content

Hey Safe,

I’m planning to take the FME Certified Profesional exam and I wanted to know that what is the format of the exam and how many questiona are being asked. Also what kind of questiona do we get in the exam? Are they like the training program or different?

Also I have read that the exam is open book. What exactly open book exam in this case means?

Note that I am not a Safe employee 😅

The questions are multiple choice and mostly taken from the training content. The exam is open book, meaning you can use the FME Help, training content and community as well as the Safe website.

You can find more information on https://academy.safe.com/page/fme-certified-professional or email certification@safe.com if you have any more questions.

Thanks @redgeographics 

Can you tell the number of questions that will be asked. Just want to know for better time management.

There is nothing about the exam pattern or topics segregations of questions like these many questions will be asked from this topic. Any thing about this?

Also are there scenario based questions? 

I just renewed mine last week 😄

There were 60 questions and you’re allowed 3 hours to do them in, which is a rather generous amount of time.

Hey @redgeographics

I just wanted to ask if there is a specific amount of experience required to appear for the FME Certified Professional Exam. I've been working on FME use cases for the past 7-8 months. Would this be sufficient to take the exam?

Hey @redgeographics

I just wanted to ask if there is a specific amount of experience required to appear for the FME Certified Professional Exam. I've been working on FME use cases for the past 7-8 months. Would this be sufficient to take the exam?

That’s hard to say, but I think if you’ve spent those 7-8 months actively developing workspaces it’s certainly worth a shot. The exam is rather broad though.

If you check the Certified Professional requirements it actually lists the content that the exam questions will be taken from. If you skim through that and see any subjects that you feel you’re not quite good at you can obviously review them.

Hey @redgeographics 

I am attempting to schedule the exam, but it indicates that the exam window has closed. Will it reopen soon, or will it take more time for the next exam window to become available?

Hey @redgeographics 

I am attempting to schedule the exam, but it indicates that the exam window has closed. Will it reopen soon, or will it take more time for the next exam window to become available?

I don’t actually work for Safe, I am “just” a partner so I am not deeply involved with the process. Best you can do is contact certification@safe.com