Skip to main content
Solved

Invalid path in Network Directory Watch, but workspaces can access it

• 15 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

We have recently upgraded from FME Server 2020 to FME Flow 2024.

I have an Automation with a “Ressource or Network Directory (updated)” trigger watching a folder on the network. The automation was working before upgrading, but now it says “Invalid path to watch:”

What’s strange is that I created a workspace with a PATH reader pointing to the same network (UNC) path, and it’s able to read and log all the files in the folder I want to watch. I’ve also tried reading a file in that directory using a textfile reader, and it works.

I don’t understand why FME Flow can read the files in that directory on the network using a workspace, but the automation can’t. If you have any ideas/explanations or possible solutions.

The user account that runs the FME Flow Core service has read and write permission on that directory.

Thank you in advance

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @mathiasboudreau,

Have you tried deleting the Resource or Network Directory trigger and creating a new one? Could you send a screenshot of your automation trigger configurations?

-Tim

Badge +4

Thank you for your answer,

It’s now working, the problem was that the user account running the FME Flow Application Server service and the FME Flow Engines service had read/write permission on the network directory, but the user account running the FME Flow Core service didn’t have read/write permission on the network directory.

We’ve added the permission for the FME Flow Core service and now everything is working!