Skip to main content

Hi FME team,

I have a workflow on FME Server scheduled every day @ 8am. The workflow reads a HTML Table which is updated every day @ 7am. I am using a simple HTML Table reader, where the URL is always the same, as is the 'Tables/Lists to read'.

1. If I run the workspace with FME Desktop, it runs fine.
  2. If I then publish this workspace to FME Server and trigger it to run, it runs fine.
  3. However, if I set the workspace to run on a schedule, i.e the next day, the workspace fails and I get the following error message (I have removed the actual URL for sensitivity):

185 HTML Table Reader: Could not open HTML file 'https://exampleURL/Example.php' for reading. '<class 'OSError'>': 'Invalid argument'.

Notes: my organisation requires each URL called by FME Server to be 'whitelisted'. The URL in question has been whitelisted and I can access it via the browser from the server on which it runs.

The previous data source was a CSV download link and this returned the same error message when following the same steps as above.

Does anyone know why this may be happening?

Thanks!

In an update to this, turns out the offending URLs actually had NOT been whitelisted. Working now.