Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

A customer of mine has created a lot of XSLT stylesheets which we want to apply to our XML documents.

We would like to use FME for the automation part (download XML, apply stylesheet, write result and push to server). However I seem to receive an error when applying XSLT stylesheets of version 2.0. Version 1.0 stylesheets work as expected but the workflow throws an error as soon as it encounters a function that is only present in XSLT 2.0 (like lower-case or upper-case).

The stylesheets that I used to test the workflow both work as expected outside of the FME workflow.

Is XSLT 2.0 currently not supported? Or am I missing something?

I am using FME 2020.0 - Build 20238 - WIN64.

Hi @kd​ 

Unfortunately, the XLSTProcessor does not support XSLT stylesheets of version 2.0 and currently there are no plans to support XSLT 2.0.

One of the problems is that there is no C/C++ library for it. Some companies may support XSLT 2.0 transformation, but they do not offer a library for 3rd party applications to integrate. Unfortunately, we can't work with Java and .NET solutions.

If you do learn about a good C/C++ XSLT 2.0 library, please let us know. This may allow us to take another look at the business case.

Hi @kd​ 

Unfortunately, the XLSTProcessor does not support XSLT stylesheets of version 2.0 and currently there are no plans to support XSLT 2.0.

One of the problems is that there is no C/C++ library for it. Some companies may support XSLT 2.0 transformation, but they do not offer a library for 3rd party applications to integrate. Unfortunately, we can't work with Java and .NET solutions.

If you do learn about a good C/C++ XSLT 2.0 library, please let us know. This may allow us to take another look at the business case.

Hello @debbiatsafe​ ,

Thank you for your feedback. I feared that this might be the case.

I think for now we are going to solve this using Java. Even in python there does not seem to be a suitable library to process XSLT 2.0 style sheets. The only C/C++ library I could find is Saxonica which is a commercial product so I'm not sure if and how this can be integrated in FME.