Question

Automation Parameters are Resetting

• 1 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

If you have an existing automation and need to make a change, you make your changes and publish \\ overwrite in FME Forms. Once you go to the automation and stop it, all parameters are reset to defaults.

This happens even to workspaces that were not updated. This has happened the last 2 or 3 releases, currently we are on

FME Flow 2023.1

Build 23619 - win64

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Yes, I have seen this happen as well. And I spent a lot of time trying to replicate it without being able to pinpoint the cause, although I could see that the front end did not make the api call to update the parameters. My case was "C684074 - Automation returning to default value" but without the ability to find the reason, it was hard to fix.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

There was a bug in FME 2019 where Choice (Multiple) parameters which had a space in them would not save in an Automation (the save button reset the parameters). It had to do with space being used as a delimiter for the multi-choice parameter, and funky use of "quotes" "around parameter" "names" in the automation. If you create a plain workspace with a simple text parameter, does it still get reset to defaults?

Badge +6

I can actually reproduce my error pretty easily. It happens whenever I overwrite an existing workspace from Forms that is in an existing automation. I even changed to deployment parameters where I could and eventually had to set up defaults per parameter so it would not break if I made future changes.

Badge +6

I think the issue was with the space in the parameter dropdown list. We have a Dev, Test and Prod environment, to make sure we see if we are in production we made the name GIS Gateway. I removed that option from all workspaces in 1 automation and am no longer able to reproduce the issue.

I have 3 more automations and probably 10 more workspace to go through. This should prove it this was the issue!

Thanks again everyone!